Halloween pet safety!? 

Did you know?

Raisins can be toxic to dogs if ingested and can cause acute kidney injury. Halloween is coming and with that treats! Keep those treats safely out of the reach of your pets! Some of these treats may contain raisins. Acute kidney injury can result in a myriad of clinical signs and can be life threatening if left untreated.

It is unknown what substance in raisins (and grapes too!) is responsible for causing toxicity in our dogs and not every case of raisin ingestion will result in illness. If your dog has ingested raisins please contact your veterinarian immediately for advice to help keep your pet healthy.