Tails of Help applications administration will be closed for the holidays December 23 through January 1, 2018
During this holiday break veterinary clinics can still submit applications by email or by fax. Any such applications will not be processed or replies given until we resume our administration activity on January 2nd. We will be waiving the standard requirement that applications be submitted within 3 business days for treatment delivered during this holiday period.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Tails of Help major annual fundraising campaign the Alberta Challenge runs November 1 - December 20, 2017
Great news! DOUBLE DOLLAR DONATIONS:
During the 2017 Alberta Challenge from Nov 1 – Dec 20, every dollar donated during the campaign will be matched by our generous anonymous donor!
For more information about the 2017 Alberta Challenge, please click here
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Effective April 10, 2017 New Funding Limits and Application Criteria
For more information about these changes, please click here.
How Can We Help?
Veterinarians are often faced with tragic situations where pets are surrendered or euthanized because of financial distress. Clinics provide significant pro bono services, but cannot bear the entire burden alone.
Tails of Help is dedicated to providing financial support to qualified pet owners who find themselves in need of essential veterinary care. Applications for funding are made on behalf of eligible pet owners by participating Alberta veterinary clinics, and rely on veterinarian recommendation of both the animal and the owner for the program.
Any financial support from Tails of Help is supplied directly to the treating veterinary practice entity. Owners are expected to make some financial contribution to the treatment of their animal.
- Qualifying criteria for owners and for patients can be found here
- Application form to submit a case can be found here
- For pet owners who do not fit into one of the six Specific Criteria on the main Application Form, the Owner Financial Need Form can be found here
- (ABVMA member login is required to access these pages)
As of November 2013 we began accepting applications for health care assistance submitted by participating veterinary clinics.
A Participating Veterinary Practice:
- Is an ABVMA certified Veterinary Practice Entity
- Agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of the program
- Agrees to evaluate the owner and patient according to the program criteria and nominate only eligible cases and eligible owners
- Agrees to actively engage in activities of Tails of Help including promotion, and/or fund-raising
For detailed Information for Veterinarians: click here to access:
- Detailed qualifying criteria for owners and patients
- Details of the Funding Application Process
- Funding Application Form
(NOTE: above are secured pages, ABVMA member login is required)